On August 3, 1873, our Lord led sixteen men and women, primarily German immigrants, to become the charter members of the Erste Deutsche Baptisten Kirche (First German Baptist Church), meeting at a building on the corner of 13th and Canada Streets in Saint Paul, Minnesota. In 1891 they moved to a new building near Dayton's Bluff in Saint Paul, and 50 years later changed the churches name to Dayton's Bluff Baptist Church. The painted wooden sign to the left was originally in the Dayton's Bluff Baptist Church.
Ground breaking for a new building in Oakdale, Minnesota, took place in 1968. The first service in this building was May 25, 1969. Six months later, the church, no longer being near Dayton's Bluff, changed it's name to Redeemer Baptist Church.
The Lord has blessed this body of believers, and guided us through abundance and trial. God has been gracious to allow many people to be used in His service through our church body. We thank Him for His ongoing provision and we are thankful to be a part of what He is doing through Redeemer Baptist Church.