- The book of Ruth shows us an idealized society. What are some of its characteristics? Is such a society possible today?
- Read Ruth 1:16-17. These verses apply to much more than just marriage vows. In what other areas of life can they apply?
- Read Ruth 1:21. What can we say about Naomi’s faith?
- Read Ruth 2:4-7; 15-16. What kind of “work environment” was present in that place and time?
- Read Ruth 2:11. Can we learn anything about cross-cultural relations here?
- Read Ruth 3:1. Two kinds of “rest” are talked about in Ruth. One was the rest break from work that workers took (Ruth 2:7). What is the other? (Ruth 1:9-10; Ruth 3:1) Can we see a parallel in the New Testament? (Hebrews 4:9-11)
- Read Ruth 4:16-17. Do you think that Naomi had also finally found “rest”?